The Main House
The Main House contains the Lobby and Reception, The Arabesque Restaurant , The Courtyard Restaurant, Val's Brasserie, The Cellar Bar, the Pool and Fitness areas and the Business Centre. Its Guest Rooms include Standard Rooms, all Comfort categories, Deluxe Pasha, Junior Suites, Suites and Room No. 6.
The Palm House
The Palm House was originally a two story building, and dates from the end of the nineteenth century. An extra floor was added by the Colony members in the 1930s. It is adjacent to the East House and just across the driveway from the Main House. It adjoins the Palm House Garden that houses our Summer Bar and Barbecue. Recently refurbished to the highest standards, The Palm House contains luxurious rooms, some with spectacular painted ceilings, as well as our extensive American Colony Archive, which was officially open to the public in Spring 2014.
The East House
One of the original American Colony buildings, the East House was built circa 1870 by Pasha Rabah Effendi El Husseini and purchased by the American Colony in 1895. It is just across from our Main House and adjoins our unique edible garden. The arched ceilings and tiled floors (each one different) of the older rooms are historic and quietly elegant. On the top floor we have created pamperingly comfortable loft rooms (Penthouse Suites) with generous spa bathrooms.
The Cow Byre
Constructed originally by the early American Colony members, in the local style, as an agricultural building, this was used at first as a barn and animal shelter, and later as a forge. The original roof beams and the old stonework have been preserved and incorporated into the newly restored rooms and suites, several of which have their own private patio or terrace.
The Shops and the Terrace Café
These buildings, built in the 1920s, and used in the old days as cottages for single American Colony members, are built over an extensive system of cisterns. These are just a few of the large underground cisterns that are distributed throughout the American Colony compound, originally providing clean water throughout the year. In these buildings you will find Munir Barakat "Antiquarian" Giftshop, The Bookshop and the Terrace Café.