Comprises the original American Colony building and the new wing. Built in the mid 19th century by Pasha Rabah Effendi El Husseini on the ruins of an older Ottoman building.
Purchased by the American Colony in 1895.
One of the original American Colony buildings, the East House was built circa 1870 by Pasha Rabah Effendi El Husseini and recently completely restored and refurbished. It is just across from our Main House and adjoins The East House Garden.
Constructed as an agricultural building by the early colonists in the local style, this was used at first as a barn and animal shelter, and later as a forge. Now lovingly restored and reopened in November 2011.